How do I start using my lamps?
- Unwrap your lamps from their packaging. Connect lamp to the USB adapter provided and plug it into a mains wall socket.
- Please do not connect lamp to a laptop or other power source as it will not work.
- Once plugged in your lamp will flicker briefly as it looks for a local network to connect to. This may take up to six minutes, so in the mean time feel free to go make yourself a cup of tea.
- Then switch on your Big Lamp by pressing the chimney button down. This should make your Little Lamp light up shortly afterwards, within a minute (give it a little time as the signal has to go to go all the way to space and back!).
- Make sure your lamp isn’t on a metal table and that your lamps (if you’re testing both of them at home) are at least one meter apart and that their power cord is untangled.
- If you don’t have one of our connectors, you can use a tablet connector (not a phone one) in the meantime and then contact us so we can send you a connector.
After six minutes, my lamps still pulse!
- That probably means the connectivity to the network in that part of your home is too weak for your lamps. Please try moving them to another location in your house.
- Once moved wait another 6 minutes and try them again.
- If you continue to experience any problems please fill in our little online report and we’ll help resolve any problems you are experiencing.
My lamp rattles when I unwrapped it!
Oh no! That means it may have been damaged in transport. Please contact us and we’ll send you a free return postage and send you new ones!
My Good Night Lamps have stopped working – troubleshooting
- Ensure your lamps are connected to a mains wall socket using the USB adapter provided.
- Make sure your lamps aren’t on a metal surface, that they are at least one meter apart, and that their power cord is untangled.
- If you lamp flickers it could be updating software or trying to connect to a mobile network. If lamp continues to flash unplug for 5 minutes and/or move to a new location in the house. If none of this resolves the flashing get in touch.
- If when you switch on the big lamp the little lamp does not switch on, or the big lamp does not switch on at all work through the precious troubleshooting steps. If they fail to resolve the problem please get in touch so we can help to get your lamps working as soon as possible.
Are the lamps available in any shops?
The Good Night Lamp is available to buy from our little online shop.
Where do you ship to?
The next batch of lamps with be sold exclusively to North America but we have plans of bringing them back to the UK for 2018.